Saturday, December 11, 2010

Flying Home


Hello All,
The last few days I have been busy fixing little things on the boat and getting it ready for me to be gone for 3 weeks. Jon returned for a few days from Auckland and hung out. He left yesterday back to Auckland to visit his old skipper he crossed the Atlantic with. He is from New Zealand and returned home after a 5 year trip around the world. Last week Rob and Ruth on Albatross the couple that Jon crossed the Pacific with arrived from Tonga on there catermaran. They are from South Africa and are planning on living here in New Zealand. We have been hanging out with them the last few days visiting. Yesterday Nick from Compass Rose came up to visit me from Whangarei. The car they bought here just came out of the shop so he wanted to get it out and take it for a drive. We went into Paihia, about 5 miles north of here and took the Foot Ferry to Russell. Russell is the old Capital of New Zealand and is a really cool little town. Rob and Ruth were on the ferry also with there friend Loraine so we teamed up with them and toured around and had some lunch.
I know all of this sounds like a mouth full, thats what I get for not writing a little sooner. The next time I will write I will be at home for the holidays so till then, I will talk to you guys later.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment