Friday, October 14, 2016

San Francisco Bay Fleet Week

Hello All,
It is finally raining here a little bit so it has forced me to stay inside and get some photo editing done from last weekend. We had fleet week here which consisted of 4 days of military ship parades and air shows. I took the boat to the city and anchored a block from Fishermens Wharf in a nice little protected anchorage known as Aquatic Park. It is managed by the National Park Service so you need a permit to anchor here. It is really easy to get one and it is for free. I just texted my boat info to a gal at the office and thats it. Little did I know that it would be one of the best places to view the airshow from and hear the events happening from announcers and loud speakers on the beach. It was calm and clear both days I was there and hot, wow!, what a weekend.

I had my kayak with me so Friday afternoon I took a short trip to a nice sandy beach and walked around some with the mass of people touring around. The anchorage offers great views of the city skyline as well as the bay and golden gate bridge.

Its hard to describe the feeling of being there with all of the action so I took some good videos and lots of pictures. I will post them here below the text.

Out side of having 2 great weekends out on the boat it has been work as usual with never ending projects keeping all of us here at the marina busy.

Enjoy the pictures and video and I will chat at you soon


PEACE







1 comment:

  1. Hey there Captain! It's good to hear you're well and sailing. We often recall how great it was to sail with you. We're just sipping wine by the fire as it got cold in Poland already. How's winter in Alaska? What are your plans for the winter?
    Warm greetings from Poland.
    Paula and Rafal

    ReplyDelete