Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dinner with the yachties

Hello All,
I was invited to have dinner along with several other cruising couples for dinner tonight. Tom and Colleen on (Mokisha) prepared an awesome dinner for us. They have been living on there boat on the hard while it has been worked on but there in the final stages of a brand new paint job so they had to move and found a nice little villa on the beach by First Landing Resort for a few days while work gets done. We had a great time visiting and I talked to a few that have been to Vanuatu so I got a pretty good idea on what to expect.
Speaking of dinners and visits I failed to mention that my neighbors, an Israeli couple, Zulu and his wife Miri threw me a going away party last Sunday. I thought I was leaving remember, anyway, they have been so nice to me and are the best folks you could meet. I told Miri Monday I wasn't leaving yet and she told me, Its ok Rick we will throw you another one. Nice to know your loved by people you hardly know and so far from home.
I have been checking in with my new crew and they are in Perth Australia at the moment and enjoying what they can see in the short time they will be there. I have arranged Abdul, the local taxi driver here to take me to the airport to meet them, you know I have been here to long when you know every ones name , anyway, they will be on the boat the the night of the 24th and I think we will go out to Musket Cove for a night or 2, there is good snorkeling and will get them used to the way the boat works.
In hindsight and something I haven't given a whole lot of thought about until now is, not only have I met the indigence people from the Islands but have had crew from, Germany, Britain, Basque (North of Spain South of France)New Zea lander, Finish, Quebec Canada, France and now Poland. It is so awesome to get to know these people and there cultures. I feel apart from the rest of the crowd because I havent had the comfort in knowing that my crew knows where I am from. Makes it interesting all the way around. How many people can say they have a friend in all of these countries. I am looking forward to the future.
If the weather looks good we will be out of the Country by the 28th Woo Hoo.
That's all for now.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment