Thursday, August 18, 2011

Good news

Hello All,
As of this afternoon I have a crew. They are a young couple from Poland and have been traveling around Asia and are currently in Australia. They found my profile on a find a crew site on the Internet. We have been chatting back and forth with emails and they booked a flight today to Nadi Airport and will be here next Wednesday. They don't have heaps of experience but our passages are not huge and, well its trade wind sailing (knock on wood) so will be able to teach them what they need to know with a steady breeze. They sound very excited and they contacted me, so should be a good time. It will be nice exploring the Southern Islands of Vanuatu with company. How long they will be on the boat we haven't really talked about but they said we could do Vanuatu together and the Solomons and we will discuss going further from there. This is good news boys and girls, I am ready to get the boat moving again.
So now that is settled I have been talking to Tom and Colleen on S/V Mokisha and told them we should go over to Musket Cove for a night just for fun on my boat. In a previous blog, July 25th writing, I told you about this couple, there boat is being repainted and re powered and they have been here for months and haven't been out on the water so I offered to get them out of there rut and have some fun, they are thinking about it.
This will keep me right on schedule for making my trip North. I didnt intend on spending this much time in Fiji but as it turns out Vanuatu has made it very hard and expensive for a visa extension past 30 days so I will take my 30 days there and visit 13 Islands and that will line me up nicely for the Solomons in October.
If there is one thing I didn't bring on the boat with me on this trip is patience, and now the boat is so full of it, is hard to find a place for groceries.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment