Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rained Out

Hello All,
I woke up at 0600 to listen to Jim, Air of the Air, I wrote about him last year. He is an American guy that lives in Fiji and has a radio show on the single side band radio that keeps track of yachts on passage and gives weather reports. Anyway it looked to be a decent day till about 1100 when a squall came through with thunder and lightning. Well it never stoped raining untill about 5 pm tonight. Needless to say we didn't do much today. All of us were reading books and just hanging out. Unfortunatly we have to get going in the morning to make it to the east end of Guadalcanal by Thursday morning. There is some small Islands there that are protected by a reef and I have read there is good exploring and snorkeling. We plan to be in Honiara by Monday.
I will keep you posted on passage. It should take us 24 hours to get there and the wind looks pretty light but we will see.

I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment