Monday, March 5, 2012

Guam won the Regatta



Hello All,
I spent Saturday and Sunday out on the chase boat helping set coarse marks and watching the race boats to make sure know one got into trouble. This weekend was very windy gusting up to 30 knots so the racers had there hands full trying to keep from capsizing. Most of the racers that competed come out every Sunday to practice and have little race events of there own. All of that being said they are in very good shape and can make those little boats fly. On the beam reach leg of the race they were sailing at least 15 to 20 knots boat speed.

I wanted to get some pictures while I was out there but our chase boat was very wet from the 2 foot wind waves out on the coarse and with 3 of us on a 12 foot inflatable we got very wet. A few of the members were out there on a drier boat and got some really good photos. I will try to get with one of them this Friday and see if they can give me a few to post.

Last night,(Monday night for me) one of the yacht club members hosted a dinner for everyone involved. We had a great time visiting and they put on a big spread of food consisting of Chamorro (local food) American and Japanese. The 4 Japanese racers made dinner for everyone and it was awesome. There was also a Japanese cruising boat that showed up last week, Fuji on the sailboat Seagull. He is finishing a around the world trip done in 3 years time and all by himself. He just left this morning to head north up the Island chain. He is a really nice guy and I have all of his contact information so we will keep in touch.

Good news on the freestyle, I have crew coming to help me get to Japan, I will have more details on who and when in the next few days. Hows that for suspense.

Thats all for now and I will keep in touch.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment