Monday, November 30, 2009

Chula Vista Marina,San Diego


Hello all,
I am writing you from the comfort of my own boat,this marina has WIFI Yay!
Since the last time I posted there have been a few events that lead me to this place in South San Diego Bay.
We left MDR to head for Alamitos Bay in Long Beach to pick up my sails and just hang out a few days.When we arrived I went to check in to get a slip and I was asked for insurance for which I have none.They were kind enough to let me stay one night but would have to leave the next day if I couldn't provide insurance paper work.So we left that morning to head for Dana Point Marina,this time I called ahead to get a slip and same thing,no insurancey no parky.We pulled an all nighter to get to Mission Bay which is north San Diego.They have a free anchorage where you can stay 3 days.I figured I could use this free refuge to make some calls and find a place to park this thing.But of coarse its Thanksgiving so no one is open or if they were it was the same wore out question,do you have insurance?We aired up the raft and had Thanksgiving dinner ashore at this Japanese dinner house,I must say that was one of the most unusual Thanksgiving dinners I have had in recent memory.It was such a weird feeling not being allowed to dock anywhere,like I was banished from my own country.

Friday morning arrived so I got on the phone again and walla, Chula Vista Marina would take me in.Boy I was so relieved,after I got here they did tell me that I would have to get insurance but least they were kind enough to take me in.
I have since taken care of that little problem and I get to leave this boat here for a month so I can go home and see my family for the holidays.It is a nice marina and all the folks here are very friendly.Like Alameda ,
town is a trek away so my bike gets a few more miles on it.
Sam left for Los Angeles yesterday to hang out with friends and figure out what he wants to do.As for me,I will work on the boat and get it all ready for me to be gone for a month.
I added pics to Marina Del Rey album and took some of Long Beach and San Diego.I will try to get some video up here to so keep an eye out.
Well thats all for now,talk to you all soon

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment