Friday, November 13, 2009

Morro Bay



Hello All,
We made it to Morro bay Wednesday after noon after briefly stoping at San Simeon Bay.I want ed to stay there originally but we ran into a couple there anchored up that said the weather was gonna come up and wanted to get protection at Morro Bay.San Simeon Bay was really a pretty anchorage and had an awesome view of Hearst Castle.At the last minute I thought that was a good idea so we followed them over here.It was about 25 miles so I think that made it about a 27 hour day from Santa Cruz.
We got to sail for about 12 hours coming down with the wind at our stern and a following sea.It blew up to 30 knots before midnight and by 0300 it was dead calm.Oh well was fun to get the sails up again and hope to do that again tomorrow after noon.The weather has been decent but the seas picked up and so did the wind so we figured we would wait it out here for a few days.
I talked to my sail maker today and he told me hes about a week out on having them done so I am gonna drag my feet getting to LA by going over to see the channel Islands,they are off the Santa Barbara coast.After that I think we will go into Santa Barbara and check that out then on to Alamitos Bay where I will pick up my new sails.
We have been checking out Morro Bay the last 2 days and this is a really cool place.It is a weird mix of stuff.The Harbor mostly consists of fishing boats and the beaches with surfers,fishermen and surfers together in one place,what a mix of culture.
I added a few pics so take a look.Thats all I have for now so will be talking to you all a little later

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment