Saturday, February 20, 2010

22'57.95 N - 121'25.26W

Hello All,
We have been up and sailing since I talked to you last. They call this area I am in the variables. There is very little wind here but its enough to get between 4 and 5 knots. The first few days spoiled us, I had this thing going 6.5 knots the second night we were out, we made 120 miles that day but that hasn't happened since. The swell is very calm, reminds me of sailing on the lake years ago. The sun came out today and it is about 70 degrees. It has been getting gradually warmer as we go. We are about 180 miles north of the same latitude as Hawaii so it should just keep getting warmer.
Weather has been overcast and partly sunny at times but haven't seen a drop of rain yet. I have got some really cool sunset pics the last few nights. I was thinking this morning about people asking me if I would be okay not seeing land for so long. Actually with the cloud banks that have been around us on the horizon and pulling a watch at sunrise they almost look like land mass in the distance, so i just imagine it is land and feel just fine about it. We made 64 miles yesterday woo hoo. It looking like we will make 100 this day.
We I better get going here. I am going to enjoy the sunshine.
Talk to you all later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment