Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mission Bay and sailing


Hello All,
It has been a while since I have wrote you guys.A lot has been happening here the last 10 days.We got to take the boat up to Mission Bay last week.I waited for a good southerly wind to get out the bay and it worked out pretty good in till we got outside the bay then the wind shifted to a noreaster which was not to favorable for our direction.I just bit my lip and started tacking our way up the coast.I wanted Tobias to get used to how all the sails work on the boat so we just battled it out for about 9 hours.
We arrived at Mission Bay about midnight,got the anchor set and sacked out for the night.We spent the next day just relaxing and went to shore to take a look around.We had a good sail back,it was light winds but we didn't fire up the iron sail till we got all the way in the bay.
On Friday we took the boat just out side the bay to go play with my new storm sails.It was blowing about 20 knots all day so we got some really good sailing in.The weather here has been blowing and kinda rainy,today was the first nice day we have had since Friday.
I am adding some new pics to the Long Beach,San Diego photo album so take a look.
I must get going so will talk to you all soon


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment