Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sailing San Diego Bay

Hello All,
How is everyone?I survived the storm we got last week with out to much trouble.The most I saw it blow was 50 knots and boy did it rain.I don't know how many inches but I am sure it was a lot.while I was weathering the storm I took a complete inventory of equipment and tools I have on board.I found stuff I haven't seen in years.To my surprise there are 40 lockers or storage compartments on board and there all stuffed.That little job took me a few days and I hated every minute of it.
We finally got some better weather so yesterday Tobias,my new crew,and I took the boat out sailing in the bay.I also got the boat fueled up while we were out.The wind was light but got to practice getting the sails up and how to trim everything to get the best performance.The new main sail worked awesome.I am so glad I made that investment.
For the next few days I am gonna get some stuff ordered up that I need to make the trip down.Time flies when your having fun.I plan to get the boat out again on Wednesday and make a trip up to Mission Bay and anchor up there and just hang out.It will be good practice for going off shore and I can show him how to drop anchor.
Ok well thats all I know for now so I will talk to you guys later.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I'm excited about your progress. Sounds like things are progressing with finding your crew and getting the new sail(s) installed. I'm looking forward to your next blog and adventure.

    ReplyDelete