Sunday, October 3, 2010

19 14.99S 175 52.08W

Hello All,
I am writing this to you on my morning watch. I figured I would give you an update this morning. We left Ha'apai Group yesterday at 0830. The wind was pretty light at the time so we motored out a ways. We got the yankee sail up and started sailing an hour into the trip. The wind was pretty light but we were moving. I started the engine to help our speed out last night at 1800 so we can make it to the eastern Fiji Islands in the daylight. There are 3 passes you can use to get through and I chose the one in the middle. The Islands are not charted well so we want to be able to see them when we arrive. After we get through it should be a straight shot up to Savu savu.
All is well here, the wind has picked up a little so we are making good speed. This should be a 4 day crossing and so far so good. It is kind of exciting to move on and explore another set of Islands and another country.
That is all for now, I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment