Thursday, February 2, 2012

12 22.27N 148 02.26E

Hello All,
This morning at 0400 the wind filled in enough to sail the boat. Kaspar got the yankee sail up and we shut down the engine after running it for 15 hours. Since this morning the wind has filled in totally at 12 to 15 knots and we are making 7 knots of speed. The sea is pretty flat so it is a beautiful smooth beam reach ride. We should be into Guam Saturday morning sometime. We have under 200 miles to go and at 7 knots it goes pretty fast.
This kind of sailing is what some only dream about so I have to keep pinching myself. It always seems like you have to earn it though. That's ok, it makes it all the better in the end. It's not over yet so I won't hold my breath but it is getting close. The weather is clear skies, sunny and 83 degrees.
I am going to go out and enjoy the rest of the afternoon so I will talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment