Saturday, February 18, 2012

Making some new friends

Hello All,
Since giving back the rent a car I have been riding my bike around.I dug it out of the boat and got it all oiled up. It was a little stiff from sitting on the boat for so long. The last time i had it out was in Fiji in July, wow time flys. It needs some new parts so I have contacted Alameda Bicycle in California where I bought it to order some stuff. They have treated me really good so far when I needed to fix something. Its working for now so all is good.
Last weekend a single handed cruiser showed up from the Marshall Islands. He has a 28 foot boat that looks allot like a Westsail. We have been chatting everyday and hanging out. He is from the East coast of America and has traveled a few years now. Steven is his name and is also heading for Japan and Alaska so we have been comparing notes.
Every Friday night the yacht club puts on a dinner for the members. Some are want to be sailors and some have cruised allot and are staying here for the near future. Jane the gal that runs the cafe here and her husband Miguel have cruised for years. They are originally from California and have been here since the early 90s. Miguel has a do all shop where he welds and works on boats or fixes someones plumbing. He is a jack of all trades so we hit it off right away. Jane does canvas work or does anything with a sewing machine. Every one is great here, its nice to feel so welcome.
I have some boat parts on order and should be here next week so I will get busy on projects.
The weather has been pretty nice, in the 80s most days with maybe a rain squall in the afternoon. It is much more comfortable here than in the Solomons thats for sure. I love the heat but now I relise there can be to much of it.
Thats all for now, I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rick,

    Happy 45th. Hard to believe but I'm wishing you a wonderful birthday. I know it is the 21st here in Vegas but it is probably the 23rd by now in Guam. I hope you enjoyed your special day. I just can't get over all your adventures. Next time, you'll have to take me along. I would make great ballast.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete