Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Freestyle Sailing again

Hello All,
I know it has been a very long time since I wrote anything on my blog so I will get you all caught up in a nut shell as to what I have been up to. 3 months ago I took a job at a marina in East Bay San Francisco as a maintenance man. I got the job through some cruising friends I met while sailing the Pacific. We have kept in touch over the last few years and my cruising friend is the Harbor Master of the marina. He called me last winter and asked if I wanted to go to work for him. The job sounded to good to pass up so in April I packed a bag and flew out to go to work. They put me up on a loaner boat that was abandon so I could stay at the marina with the agreement that I could take some time off in July to bring my boat down to live on.

So all that being said, here I am in the gulf of Alaska on Freestyle once again. My crew is Jon from Basque. He was my crew for 6 months from Tahiti to New Zealand so I am happy to have him along. We flew to Anchorage a week ago and have been running a marathon (meaning very busy) to get my boat ready to go and also have Jon see some of our Alaskan sights. He has never been to the United States so he has been awe struck as to how Americans live.

This cruise is going to be a fairly quick one as to I have to get back to work as soon as I get into the Bay.

We have been on the water about 24 hours and the weather has treated us well so far.

I will be keeping everyone up dated as we move south so stay tuned, Freestyle is on the move once again.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment