Friday, July 24, 2015

Heading To Gulf of Alaska


Hello All,
After making it through the Northern Gulf I was watching the weather and it was calling for south east 30 knots, so before the wind hit us we ducked into Prince William Sound to let it pass. My fishing friend Daren and his wife Robin were in Main Bay in the western sound so I thought I would look him up. We arrived there at 5 pm and got there just in time as the wind started to pick up. We found a good anchorage in the bay and Daren came over to tie up to us. We had an awesome Salmon dinner and a few beers and did a lot of visiting. Our mutual friend Jason also joined us, I had fishing boats tied to both sides, I looked like a salmon tender. Funny thing is it was my tender, they topped me off with water and gave us some fresh red salmon filets.

This morning the wind had come down and turned out to be a beautiful morning. Robin fixed breakfast of pancakes, bacon and toast that was very tasty. Daren put his gillnet behind us to let it fish while we ate. He said I never get fish in this little bay, but to his surprise he did very well when he picked it back up. Jon was enjoying himself watching Daren work. He was only 10 feet away from us so we saw the whole process up close. Daren talked to his fishing tender that he has been selling fish to and asked if they could sell me fuel and they said no problem come on over and we were topped off with diesel. That was very handy indeed.

We are now heading out the Eastern Entrance of Prince William Sound continuing our trip south. We are supposed to have a few days of light winds so we will see how far we can get before the next weather system comes.

PEACE

P.S. We sailed for about 6 hours today crossing the sound, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment