Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dodger blues



Hello All,
I just returned from San Leandro Marina to attend the Northern Cali Wesatsail Rendezvous.I took my new crew Dan over with me Saturday morning.We arrived there at noon and got tied up.There were 6 Westsails total that showed up so it was really cool to see other boats like mine and all the different set ups they have.I met Bud Taplin (the Westsail godfather) and had a little visit with him.I also met all the other Westsail owners and got to board all there boats.Everyone was super cool and very friendly.Saturday night we had dinner at the San Leandro Yacht Club and got to hear a sailing couple speak of there 2 year trip to Mexico.They had a really nice slide show put together for us to see while they talked of the trip.Sunday morning we had a light breakfast at the Yacht Club and said goodbye.On a little side note,this marina reminded me of Alaska because the wind blew 31 knots the night we were there and you can only enter or leave at high water because they haven't had the money to dredge the channel.I guess they finally got the money to dredge so that should help out there business.
Back on the boat,I got to see my dodger frame on my boat yesterday.It is not mounted yet but i hope to see it on the boat the next few days,then he starts the canvas making.I may get out of here before Christmas.(sigh)I guess there is worse places to hang out but I am just ready to get the show on the road.
Well I better get busy here so talk to you all soon


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment