Friday, July 2, 2010

Anchored in Te Tautua Village

Hello All,
The wind came down yesterday as predicted by the weather service and it was a nice quiet night on anchor in Omoka. The weather held through the morning and so we were planning a trip to the east side of the Lagoon. Delphine and I went to the beach in the morning and took a 2 mile walk out by the airport where we met up with Warwick, who is a New Zealander that came here 30 years ago and raised a family. He has a little store and can exchange money. We bought some food from him and had a nice visit. On our way back we met up with another local that needed some repairs to his skiff and a few other little things. I promised him I would help him out with some stuff I had on the boat so when we got back I gathered up some tools and went back to give him a hand. I finished doing the work and when I got back to the dingy a family that had to come to town for some business needed a ride back home across the lagoon so we had some company on the trip. It was very cool because he knew the route well and we could avoid all the dangers in the way. They had there little daughter with them and we made it over here in 2 hours with out a hitch. They were so nice and have invited us to their home for the weekend to hang out. Delphine is even going bake a cake for one of the guys in the village that is going to be 21 on Saturday. We also were visited after getting anchored by one of the locals. He invited us over for coffee in the morning. I would have to say I questioned my decision to come this far out of the way to see another atoll but after the last few days of visiting and getting to know every one I would have to say I did good.
Well it is late and we have a big day ahead of us so I will say good bye.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment