Friday, August 20, 2010

Exploring Savaii

Hello All,
I'm sorry I haven't followed up from the other day. We have been very busy trying to see the south side of the Island. We went to see several waterfalls the last few days. We took a hike up to see an ancient pyramid, it is supposed to be one of the largest polynesian structures. Today we also took a trip to see some blow holes and they were awesome. We have been getting around by bus, hitching rides and a lot of walking.
We are currently underway, going to the northwest side of the Island to Asau Bay. It is suppose to be a very nice anchorage with good swimming and snorkeling. We will spend 5 days there and explore the north side of the Island. I hope they have internet over there so I can get you guys some pictures. I have been taking lots of them.
We are under engine at the moment but as soon as we can get around the eastern point we will get the sails up.We will be underway all night to get there in the morning.
That is all I have for now and I will be in touch.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment