Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Grand Samoan Island Tour


Hello All,
We have had a fun couple of days here.Yesterday Jon and I took a bus to the south of the Island.We went to take a look at theTogitogiga Water falls.They were not really big but they had awesome deep pools at the bottom of both of them.Jon got brave and jumped from both falls.It was about a 20 foot fall and I got some good pictures of him doing it.After spending an hour there looking around we walked down the road a mile to another trail that lead to a huge Ma Tree.They are not natural to the area,someone planted them here years ago.The root system is amazing.I took some pictures and will post.We hitched a ride back with a guy from Texas, his wife and kids.His wife was originally from here so they were on holiday visiting her family.
Last night Jon and I went out on the town with Ian,the british guy we met in Pago Pago.He came over here last week just to hang out.We went to a place called Crabbers,it is one of the most popular places here to dance and hang out.We met a few really nice locals and had a few beers before calling it a night about midnight.We got some take out and came back to the boat and visited for an hour.

Today I went to another waterfall with Ian.He.They call the waterfall Sliding Rocks because you can slide down smooth rocks with the water and fall into some awesome pools at the bottom.Ian did it a few times and i just took some pictures.I am nursing a boo boo on my foot and didnt want the days of good healing to be wasted,I am saving myself for some good snorkeling next week.Jon went snorkeling about 10 minutes from here to check out a reef.He was already back when I returned and said it was ok.After being in the Tuamotus its really hard to find good snorkeling any where else ,but, we are still looking.
Tonight I think we will just stay here on the boat and watch a movie.
Thats all for now but keep a look out for some new pics.

P.S. My Hinano Beer girl looks good huh?

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment