Thursday, September 16, 2010

Anchorage Hopping

Hello All,
We had a very eventful Wednesday. I went to the sailmaker and he had my sails done. The yankee he had to put a lot of work into but did a very nice job of fixing it. The staysail was a pretty easy fix. After all of that was done I went and found post cards to send home and found a coffee shop where I could fax my paperwork for arrival in Fiji. We came back to the boat after that and hung out for a bit. Last night the crew from the big ketch invited us to go with them to dinner and then to a bar that had a show. It was really funny because it was where 6 local guys dressed up like girls and did a dance on stage. The place was packed and every one had a great time.
Today we got the boat all ready to go and then we were invited aboard the big ketch for a tour. The 1st mate Amaia is from Spain and is a very nice girl. We had such a good time with her last night and the rest of the crew. The boat is amazing, it is basically a mega yacht with 2 masts and massive sails. The main mast is 192 feet long and the boat is 170 feet overall length. It is aluminum construction for the hull and the masts are carbon fiber. The interior is well, very plush. Jon and I were extremely impressed. The owner has a garment company in Spain. I am in the wrong business, oh wait, i am not in any business lol.
After the grand tour Jon and I headed out to one of the anchorages that has some very cool caves you can run your dingy into. We got here a little late so we will check it out tomorrow.
Well that's all for now. I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment