Thursday, September 23, 2010

Leaving Vavau

Hello All,
Well, plans always change and this time is no exception. We are headed out of the Vavau Group tonight headed for the Ha'apai group 65 miles south of us. The weather wasn't going to let us stay the weekend so we figured we would get out while the getting was good. Yesterday we got anchored in town and went to shore to get some bread and butter and a few other things we were missing. We got some fuel and water and got the boat ready to get under way.
Last night Jon and I went out for the last time in Neiafu. We had such a good time that I didn't think I needed my wallet anymore. Yup, it fell out of my pocket in all of the excitement. I noticed it was missing this morning and went to the club where we were. They were not open yet so I called my mom and turned off the credit cards. We went to the police to see if anyone had dropped it there and they had not seen anything at that time. The club finally opened and the owner said yes someone did find the wallet and he told them to take it to the police station. So I waited a few hours then went back to the police and they had it. Wow, I was so happy. We finished getting the boat ready and headed out in a rain storm.
I hope the wind is what the weather says it is. We are just making our way to the ocean right now.
I will let you know how everything goes tomorrow.

See ya,

PEACE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick! Just wanted to Hi and that we were thinking about you!

    René and Mike Azzara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rick,
    My e-mail address is "sv.leviathan@gmail.com". I finally got in touch with Johann. He had an eventful trip helping Orca to Alaska. I got a winters supply of halibut and Leviathan is ready to freeze in in slip C7 in front of the salty dog! Kinda convieniant for a party animal...hope I don't lose my wallet! Stan

    ReplyDelete