Thursday, September 30, 2010

Uoleva Island

Hello All,
We moved to another anchorage yesterday afternoon after checking out of the country. We came down just 5 miles south of the main Island to to Uoleva Island. It has beautiful white sand beaches and the anchorage is all sand with very few coral heads. There is suppose to be good snorkeling around the reefs here so we will go take a look today.
Wednesday I got the boat fueled up and we got some stuff from the grocery store to make the crossing to Fiji. After we had dinner we went to town to Mariners Cafe to have a beer and visit with the owner, a former cruiser and they talked me into doing Karaoke. There were a few locals there and we had a great time. I tried to talk Jon into singing but he was having to much fun watching all of us.
Tonight there is suppose to be a potluck dinner on the beach. There are 6 boats here in the anchorage so it will be fun to meet all of them. We may try to head out to Fiji tomorrow. I will check the weather and see how it looks. The wind has been a bit light so I am hoping it will pick up.
OK,that is all for now so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment