Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Anchorage

Hello All,
We made it up to Whangaroa Harbor today. We anchored in Waitepipi Bay which is not for from the enterance. It is very well protected and beautiful. We got to sail half way up here then had to motor from calms and a few head winds. It was a beautiful day and all went well. We will stay the night here then head on in to Whangaroa the town tomorrow sometime.
On a side note, I didnt have internet access for the last few days but when we headed up I saw I could check my email. What I saw made me so happy. I got an email from a guy in the Lau group, those are the most Eastern Fijian Islands. He got my email from a note I put in a wine bottle and threw it overboard a day after tobias and I left the Marguesas Islands heading for the Tuamotus, that was April 2010. I looked on the chart, the bottle drifted right through Tonga and ended up on the beach in Fiji. That is 2300 miles and 10 months adrift. I was so happy someone found it. I wrote him back and said hello. That was so cool, I still cant get over it, what are the odds.
Well anyway thats all for now so I will write when we got into town.



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment