Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Crew

Hello All,
My new crew Mike showed up on Monday. We have been visiting and I have been showing him around the boat. We came out to a mooring yesterday to get away from the slip fees. The mooring belongs to my neighbors I was tied up by while in the marina. They wern't using it so they were kind enough to let me use it for as long as I need.
Mike and I took a hike to Paihia on Tuesday on the coastal trail. It was a beautiful day and the poor guy got sun burned. The sun here is allot more intence than in California. I guess we always learn the hard way. He has been laying low the last few days to heal up.
I am still planning on varishing somemore wood but the weather has not been very nice, windy and just enough rain showers to make it impossible. I have been with my sailmaker fixing a few little things on the mailsail, we just finished up today so I will meet up with him this afternoon and get the sail back on the boat.
We will spend about a week out here on the mooring so I can finish up some stuff I have started, then we will get out and do some sailing YAY!
Well thats all for now, I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Rick, glad to hear your crew has arrived. Sorry about the sunburn but it happens with long explosure. Your so dark, you probably just absorb it. Sounds like you are busy working on the boat. Work on a boat never ends. I hope you are headed back along the coast of China, things aren't so good off the West Coast of Africa. Glad you are where you are so I don't have to worry. Have a great one buddy and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete