Saturday, April 30, 2011

Have crew for the Pacific Islands and I hope beyond

Hello All,
It is blowing a gale here right now, winter is setting in to New Zealand and I'm ready to get out of here. I met a fellow from Quebec Canada yesterday that wants to go sailing. We talked about where he wants to go and we decided we would see how it goes. He has his own sailboat back home and has logged 6000 miles at sea, coastal cruising and is a professional rigger, for those who don't know what that means, he builds all the wires that hold my mast in the air. We had a nice chat yesterday and he came on the boat and made dinner. We hit it off right away and I decided to bring him on board. I will have Alex from France on board to so I hope to learn a little more French. Renaud is from Quebec and I am glad to have him on board. He won't be able to come aboard for 10 days or so but I am excited to show off the boat and get underway.
It doesn't look like there will be a weather window for 10 days so that should work out good for me.
Well that's it, I just need to get everyone here and we will prep to head out. New Zealand has been great but I am ready to move on.
That's all for now.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment