Friday, June 10, 2011

Savu Savu, Vanua Levu Island

Hello All,
We left Koro Island at 0800 yesterday and had one of the best sail passages of my whole trip. We had 15 knots steady on a beam reach, (wind from the side), seas were about 3 feet and the boat never went below 6 knots. It was a beautiful day also so I got a tan haha. It took us 5 hours to cover 30 miles, we were all very happy. We got in and got a mooring at the same place I was at last year and checked in with customs then we explored around town.
We went out for a few hours last night and I went back to the boat, the guys came along later. They are moving pretty slow today, I guess they didn't learn there lesson in Levuka.
We will be here for 5 days and then head to the east of Vanua Levu, I guess there is world class snorkeling there from what a few of the cruisers have told me.
I will keep you updated as usual on the up coming events.
Talk to you later


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment