Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walking tour of Mokogai Island

Hello All,
The guys took a swim this morning and after they returned we went to the village to do some hiking around. We went up to a peak that over looks the anchorage and the reef all around, it was beautiful. I got some good pictures so I will post when I can. After that we took a hike to the south of the Island where there is a small village. We met the head master of the small school there, he and his wife showed us around. After the tour they invited us to his home and they fed us lunch. They were wonderful people and I got there address to sent them a photo that I took. They gave us some fruits and coconuts and we headed back to the boat.
There is only about 50 people that live on this Island so I think we met almost all of them. The guys are in the village tonight, they were going out with a few of the locals to try and catch coconut crabs, I'll look forward to hearing about this adventure.
We will leave on Tuesday morning for Koro Island, it is very small in population also so we are seeing real Fiji here.
That's all for now so I will talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment