Sunday, January 9, 2011

Varnishing and Maintenance

Hello All,
I didn't do much this weekend, everyone was closed so I have just been making a list of things I need to deal with. My solar panels should be in next week so I saw the the stainless steel guy to make some brackets for mounting them. He should have the parts made in a few days so I can get started on that. My bow sprit needs some varnish so I got the anchor winch off today so I can get started on that in the morning. I don't have allot to do but its all time consuming and I hope to have the boat ship shape in a few weeks.
Jon called me yesterday and he had a really good time with his sister over the holidays. He is on the south Island right now but will work his way up north to come see me in a week. It will be good to see him again, he will be around for a few days so we will think of something to do. Jon will be going to Australia at the end of the month for a time, then fly home.
I have a new crew for the boat to head north with. Mike from Los Angeles, he will be here on the 16Th of February. I found him on find a crew.net. We have talked on the phone since I was in Alaska and he is really excited to make the trip. It was really hard to find someone that could be gone for 18 months back to Alaska and he has no problem with that so its done. By the time he gets here Ill have the boat ready to go so we will go out sailing.
Well that's all for now, I will keep you updated.



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment