Friday, May 20, 2011

27 31.56S 178 15.84S

Hello All,
I am on a night watch at the moment so I thought I would take the time to fill you in on the last few days. The wind and the seas have come down to make it easier to type and still be able to stand up. I got the Main up today with a double reef with the staysail so the boat is moving right along. We haven't set and passage speed records yet but we are making good time. I have been down loading the weather and it looks like the trade winds are going to be a full on easterly to get us into Fiji in the next week. We will be passing the half way point today so we are pretty excited. I haven't decided if I will stop at Minerva Reef yet. I will wait and see and if the wind is good to go on in to Fiji we will just skip the reef.
Alex and Renaud have been doing an awesome job on the boat. The first 3 days were rough so I was really glad to have good hands to help out.
We haven't seen any other boats out here since are first night out but I can hear them on the cruisers net in the mornings on the radio. About 12 of us or more left on Monday for Tonga and Fiji.
I fixed breakfast for the guys this morning, eggs, hash browns and toast. It is a lot of fun to make fried eggs on a moving boat but I managed to do 6 with out breaking a yoke hehe.
Well, I better get back to my watch so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment