Saturday, May 28, 2011

Making Friends in Levuka

Hello All,

The last few days we have been here we have met some really nice locals. They have invited us to there home and fed us. They have showed us around and took us to a really cool water fall yesterday where we could swim in the pond. After the hike up it was really nice to jump in the fresh water. It is to easy to forget how kind the people are here so I am glad I have returned.
The weather has been rainy but today we got a break and had sun most of the day. We cleaned up the boat and dried out weather gear from the soaking wet passage up here from New Zealand. I found leaks in my boat I didn't know existed so I have been busy cleaning up salt water in some of the lockers. Finding the source of the leaks is another issue that I will have to look into at some point.
We will stay here for another week and do more exploring and visiting. This was the first capital of Fiji before the British made it a colony so the local motto is "You haven't been to Fiji till you have come to Levuka" I was visiting with one of the locals when we first got here and he asked me if this was my first time in Fiji, I said no, I was here last year but it is my first time here in Levuka, he told me, so it is your first time in Fiji lol.

That's all for now so I will keep you guys posted.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment