Monday, May 16, 2011

33 16.36S 175 34.55E

Hello All,

We are making way heading north to the tropics. The wind has been blowing 25 to 30 knots off of the beam for the last day and a half. We have 2 reefs in the main sail and flying only the staysail forward. We are making good speed and the seas are about 8 feet. We are heading more east than Fiji to get into more favorable winds after getting into the tropics.
There is a small fringing reef on our way called Minarva Reef. It has no land, only a reef protecting the lagoon. I am told it's like anchoring in the ocean but with no swell. I have a few cruising friends that are going to stop there so I hope to meet up with them there. We have about 5 more days to go at our current speed.
The guys are doing good, we have only fixed simple meals because of the roll of the boat but it is suppose to ease up in the next few days so will be easier to make something good.
It has been a long time since I have been out here on the open water but I am getting used to it all over again.
I will talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment