Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leaveing New zealand Monday

Hello All.
The weather looks like its good to leave Monday. We met with a guy that has sailed to the Islands from here for the last 30 years and he says Monday is the day for us to go to Fiji. We took the 10 minute ride on the Russell ferry across to the Island where he lives and paid him a visit at his home. He was kind enough to explain the southern weather to us. He is originally from Germany and is a really nice guy and we met up with him today to look at the forecast. I learned allot about the southern ocean from him because of his experience sailing here and his knowledge of the area. Steve from Curious and his crew went along also.
We will get the last minute things together for the boat tomorrow and head out Monday afternoon. We are all getting excited to go and I hope it all works out for an awesome passage.
I am ready to leave but have made some good friends here so will be hard to say good by. New Zealand has been beautiful and an awesome place to wait out the cyclone season but I am ready to move on.
I am looking forward to Fiji again and all I have missed there and the places I haven't seen yet so I guess I will talk to you soon.



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment