Sunday, July 3, 2011

An American Holiday

Hello All,
Last night we had dinner at Serina's house in Nadi. She was the woman I was telling you about in the last blog. She has been helping manage the bar here at Vuda Point. She is a very sweet woman and we had a great time. Her husband works in the gold mines in the Solomon Islands and works a schedule similar to our North Slope. She also owns a business distributing homeopathic medicine to the states. She is well traveled and even has a friend that lives in Wasilla, Alaska, small world huh.
Alex left out of Nadi Airport this morning to return home to France. His brother is getting married and he hasn't been home in a few years. I was sad to see him go. He was a good friend and crew and helped me out heaps. He will be missed. I am independent on independence day. Speaking of that, Vuda Point Bar is throwing a 4th of July party for all of the yanks tonight. Something most people wouldn't think about in the states is that it is an American Holiday so its pretty cool they are doing that for us. I little piece of home in a foreign land.
I got to speak to my mom and family last night on Skype, we even got to do video so I could see every one. Some of the family from Anchorage and the Valley came down to be with Mom on the holiday. It was really cool to get to talk to everyone.
The weather here has been rain off and on so I hope it clears up in the next few days so I can get a few projects done. I am also looking for crew so I have been getting the word out to the cruisers.
That's all for now. I will keep you posted.

P.S. I added some pictures to the Fiji Album so take a look.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment