Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grocery shopping in Lautoka

Hello All,
Last night I had a great time at the 4th of July party. I got to meet some American cruisers and got to visit with some I haven't seen in a while. We had a great dinner, most of the cruisers brought some food but the Sunset Bar also made some hamburgers and hot dogs for a reasonable price. It was a great time had by all, they even shot some fireworks off , that was cool.
Yesterday afternoon Rob on Compass Rose and his crew Guy came in from touring the Yasawa Group. I ran over and helped them tie the boat up. i haven't seen Rob since we left New Zealand so it was good to see old friends.
Rob, Guy and I all took the bus to Lautoka this afternoon, we were all getting low on groceries so we thought we would all go together. We spent hours in town just looking around and visiting. We got a cab back and split the fair 3 ways so it was cheap.
I was invited to go to an American boat tonight for a sun downer. Micheal and Suzanne on S/V Maamalni, it is a one off 52 foot boat, one off meaning , one of a kind. I met them briefly here last year and they left there boat here and went home to Seattle for 6 months. We had a nice visit and they are very interested in my route to get out of the Cyclone season in the South Pacific. They left there boat here for the last Cyclone season but they said never again. With the humidity and the very warm water it has taken them weeks to get the boat cleaned up so they are looking at the Northern Solomons for this year. They are a very interesting couple and I am sure we will visit again.
I have a few people interested in crewing on the boat so we will see what happens.
I got the dingy cleaned up and put away for now and if the weather holds I will do some touch up varnish work.
That's all for now.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment