Saturday, July 16, 2011

Malolo Lai Lai Island

Hello All,
Matt and I took a walking tour of the whole Island here at Musket Cove. It is not very big and the highest point is maybe 300 feet. There is a road that runs the whole ridge so it was easy walking. I took some great pictures of the surrounding area so I will post them when I return to Vuda Point.
After the hike we went to the little bar right by the beach and I was visiting with some travelers. It seems that not very far from here, about 5 miles south there is a world class wave for surfers. We had a high surf warning posted last week and the weekend and from what everyone was saying it has been the best surfing here in 20 years. A few pros showed up and were surfing 30 foot plus waves. Jon my crew talked about this place last year but I never looked to see where it was.
Fiji has so much to offer a visitor. It really is a fabulous place and is basically unknown to us North Americans. Most of the visitors are from Australia or New Zealand. And most of the yachts are from New Zealand.
We will leave here in the morning to head back to Vuda Point. I don't know what we will do today but we will see.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment