Friday, September 9, 2011

Arrived Port Villa, Vanuatu

Hello All,
After sailing for most of the day and into the night at 0100 the wind ceased to blow. I had to fire up the iron sail and we motored into Port Villa. We grabbed a mooring buoy in the well protected area very close to the water front, cleaned off the rest of the volcano ash off of the deck from Mt. Yasur and went into town in the dingy. It is a very nice place kind of reminds me of Neifu Tonga. We walked around town looking for the customs office and we were told they were at the commercial wharf. I think we walked 2 miles to visit with customs for 2 minutes. Rafal had the great idea of hitch hiking back to town and we were picked up right away. They did some Internet work at a cafe in town and I hung out with them for a bit and then took a walk around. We met back at the dingy and came back to the boat.
Tomorrow is the weekend so I don't know what we have planed. I will try to do Internet myself so I can post some pictures but from what I have seen it looks really slow, so no promises.
Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment