Thursday, September 8, 2011

Passage to Port Villa, Vanuatu

Hello All,
We left Port Resolution, Tanna Island at 0400 this morning and were originally going to stop at Dillon Bay on Erromango Island 50 miles North. After running the engine all morning and then finally getting some good wind I thought we will go straight to Port Villa. The trade winds are calm right now but we are sailing with a south westerly at the moment so I hope to get into Port before it starts blowing on the bow. The trades will be unsettled for at least another 5 days so it will give us some time in town to check the place out. Erromango only has one village and only a few hiking trails so I will save it for the next sailing trip.
We should arrive in Port Villa sometime in the morning.

P.S. I have some great pictures and video of the volcano so I will post them in a few days.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment