Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sad day on the Freestyle

Hello All,
We made it back to Gizo this morning and got the boat anchored again in front of the Yacht Club.
I took Rafal and Paula to the Airport Island today in the dingy to put them on an airplane bound for Honiara then Fiji.While in Fiji they will try to find a boat bound for New Zealand, if not they will just fly there and travel for a few months then move on to South America then home to Poland in a years time. I had a tough time seeing them go, they have been the best crew and turned into really good friends. They were a big help on my boat and always eager to go new places and were very interested in sailing as a whole. They love swimming and diving so at the last resort we visited this weekend they set my anchor in a sand patch and made sure the chain wouldnt get tangled in coral. Both of the resorts we visited had coral encumbered anchorages so having them around made it so easy to anchor where most people would cringe at the thought. We had a great weekend together, We went out to Kennedy Island and explored around. They snorceled on the pass where we origanally entered the lagoon and I just took the dingy around to take a look. They will be missed and I wish them all of the best in there travels.
I will be hanging out in the Gizo area looking for crew to get me north. I am currently on a Find a Crew website that has worked for me in the past so we will see.
While I have Internet here I will also be posting new pictures so keep your eyes open for them.
I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. It was extremely sad for us to leave Freestyle. We had the best time with you during these 4 months of cruising in Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands. Wished we had more time to go all the way up to Alaska. You are a great captain and an awesome friend :)

    We wish you all the best in the trip. Hope you find a great crew and enjoy Micronesia and Japan. See you soon!

    Take good care!
    Paula and Rafal

    ReplyDelete