Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back Into the North Pacific

Hello All,
Position 00 08.50N 159 53.14E We made it past the Equator at 1130 this morning. The wind started coming out of the East as predicted so we are now under full sail making 5.5 knots. I was really getting tired of running the engine so far but the Southern ocean is very calm this time of year. We should have good wind all the way to Pohnpei Micronesia and hope to arrive in 4 days. We did get to sail a few days ago which gave us some easting to make our wind angle better as we got closer and so far it's working out great. I have about 60 hours of fuel left onboard in case we need it again. I lost the alternator yesterday, it was over charging my batteries so I disconnected it and just used the solar panels. I have a spare one but I will look into it when we arrive.
While I was working on the engine yesterday Kaspar decided to go for a swim. It was flat calm so he was having a great time enjoying the clear blue water. It is not to often you get to swim in the middle of the ocean.
Both of the guys are doing great helping me sail the boat and it's good to have them. I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

P.S. Rick wrote this blog on our Friday (his Saturday 1-21-2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment