Sunday, January 29, 2012

Position 08 00.06N 156 24.26E

Hello All,
We left Pohnpei at 3 pm yesterday afternoon. After getting checked out of the country we made our way to open water and got the sails up and have been sailing a beam reach ever since. The wind is blowing 15 to 20 knots so I have my small working jib up, the staysail and a single reef in the main. We have been making 6 knots since we left and more to come I think. This is some of the best sailing I have done in months and its a great feeling. If we can keep this pace we should be to Guam by the 6th of Feb. The weather is sunny and a balmy 85 degrees. Everyone is doing well onboard out side of a little seasickness.
I am going out to enjoy the nice weather so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

P.S. This is being posted 1 day after Rick set sail. He should be much further by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment