Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone,
I had a great New Years Eve here on the Island. I took a 5 mile walk over to the other island Vella Lavella. I found the old air field that was used by Papi Boington and the Black Sheep Squadron during WWII. It was mostly grown over but you could still see where it was. The walk was on a nice trail through the bush and it was very hot. I think it got to 100 with 90% humidity yesterday. When I got back I was worn out.
Last night myself and 2 other boats brought in the New Years with a BBQ at the Round House. We had BBQ chicken, salad, potatoes and many other things that people brought. Noel made a massive bon fire that we set off minutes before midnight and we used expired flares for fireworks. The party was a big hit and we all had a great time.
Tonight I will get to have another New Years Eve with my family via a phone call. My Mom has family visiting to bring in the new year so it will be cool to talk on the phone a few minutes.
The next few days I think I will hang out here and enjoy the nice quiet anchorage.

PEACE

P. S. Rick sent this on Saturday Dec. 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment