Wednesday, July 4, 2012

35 06.70N 146 31.62E

Hello All,
We have been sailing pretty much the last 48 hours. We had a real nice south west breeze starting on Tuesday night then picked up to 20 plus knots. By last night it was blowing over 30 knots so I had my smallest sails up to keep us moving. The wind was in our direction so besides a rough ride we did very well. This morning the wind turned very light so we are motoring at the moment. I will shut the engine down in a few hours and hope something fills in. I only have enough diesel for about 1200 miles so I need to conserve, after all it is a sailboat,right?

I got in touch with a cruiser on the SSB radio last night. Steven from the U.S. We met in Guam and he went to north Japan to do some cruising. He is about 900 miles south west of Dutch Harbor so he is a few weeks ahead of me. We had a nice chat on the radio and I will tune in tonight and we will keep in touch.

In the calm sea I have been doing some light maintenance. I put 10 gallons reserve water in the tanks and took my on deck jerry cans and topped off the starboard fuel tank. I also put some small patches in the yankee jib sail. I am also reading a book Jon from Basque gave me. It is the history of Basqueland. Very interesting read.

That's about all I know so I will let you go.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment