Saturday, July 14, 2012

42 38.52N 159 45.49E

Hello All,
We did very good the last few days sailing, but as of last night the wind calmed down and I am now running the engine. The sea looks like a mirror at the moment with only tiny small ripples in the water. We have what I call a little flat spot in front of us then a Southeast wind in a day or 2. That will work okay for us, but then it is suppose to turn more to the East which will force us North. I guess we will see what happens in the next few days. The wind being up and down has us very frustrated at times but never get upset over what you cannot control. I have to keep saying that to myself.

We have been in the fog for 3 days straight now with only a hint of sun trying to shine through from time to time. This is the path of the great circle route from Asia to North America so there have been a few ships I have seen but not seen. I find them on the RADAR or my new AIS ship tracking system. The water temp is down to 65 degrees. I haven't seen water that cold in a long time. We are wearing all of our cold weather gear at night. It has been getting down to 59 degrees so far and it's only going to get colder.

That's all I have for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment