Monday, July 23, 2012

50 36.42N 169 56.47E

Hello All,
Our sailing has been up and down the last 48 hours so I have been motor sailing to help in the calm air. Luckily we have been sailing more than running the engine so I have been saving fuel. The one nice thing about running the engine is heat. I have a cabin heater that runs off of the engine coolant so when it is running the cabin is nice and warm. The temperature hasn't been to bad, it got down to 50 last night and we have been getting a little sunshine in the day for a few hours. The fog at night is thick and very wet.
The weather is calling for stronger wind in our favor to start sometime tonight and it looks like it will last for 4 days at least. That should get us to Adak which is 500 miles away. I will not guess our ETA yet but I am getting closer to figuring that out.

With the calm seas and slow sailing speeds I have been reading. I have had books on the boat since I left home and I figure it time to go through them to entertain myself. It passes the time and is good for the soul and mind.

That's all I have for now so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment