Saturday, July 21, 2012

50 14.41N 165 02.10E

Hello All,
We are finally back on course and have made some decent sailing miles the last 24 hours. I have done a little motor sailing but the wind always fills back in and I turn the engine off. These are not neck breaking speeds we are doing due to inconsistent winds but we are getting there a mile at a time. I still will not guess my arrival date in Adak but I will tell you that I will be beating my old record of 28 consecutive days at sea. That was my first Pacific crossing from San Diego to Marqueses Islands. That passage will still be the furthest I have traveled in the Pacific. We are now on day 25 with 650 miles to go. The Islands are getting bigger on the chart and we are more than ready to get there.

The weather has been pretty nice, partly cloudy with sun now and then. The temperature has been 48 at night and 52 in the day. The sea temperature has been around 56 to 57. I expect that number to get a little colder and the air temp warmer haha.

That's all I have for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment