Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day Sail in Dutch Harbor

Hello All,
I took the boat out yesterday with the Harbor Master Phil, his son Ben and one of his co workers Corey. The wind was light but we managed to sail all the way out to the head of the bay which is about 5 miles. The weather was overcast but no rain so for Aleutian standards it was a beautiful day. Everyone had a great time. Phil used to sail in Washington and misses sailing so it was a real treat for him. His son Ben is going to crew for for me to get me at least to Kodiak.
I am going to look at weather but I plan to leave here tomorrow, that is the plan anyway.
I just saw Stefan off at the airport, he is flying into Anchorage tonight and will be back in Germany in a few days. He was a great crew and friend so he will be missed. We had a great time sailing together and maybe we can do it again someday.
Monday we rented a truck and drove all over the Island. It was a beautiful day so I got some good pictures. I will have to post them when I get home because my computer is having some issues and I am lucky it is still working in some capacity. To many years on a salty boat I am afraid.
Today I will get the boat ready to go. I already fueled up so I will top off the water and clean up a little.
That's all for now. I will let you know when I can leave tomorrow.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment