Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weathered in in Dutch Harbor

Hello All,
We have had very good weather here but now that I want to leave there is a big low coming in. As far as I can tell it looks like we will have to wait until at least Monday to move North. The weather man is calling for a gale, 34 to 40 knots, starting tomorrow night and East winds beyond that so I guess I get to see more of Dutch Harbor. Ben my crew can spare time until the 25th of August so I hope this passes and we can get underway. I have planed a few stops along the way but if weather permits I will make my way to Kodiak Island.
There is a British boat here and they lost there rudder a few hundred miles off shore. They have been here a few weeks. They were towed in by the Coast Guard and are fitting a new one as we speak. I have been visiting with them and we hope to leave at the same time. We will see what the weather holds for us.
I received an email from Stefan and he made it to Anchorage and will be on his way to Germany tomorrow.
I am actually home in Alaska but because we are so big I am not even close to where I want to be in Homer. I need more patience, can I have it granted in the next few hours.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment