Saturday, August 18, 2012

Leaving Sand Point Sunday

Hello All,
I decided to stay one more day for better weather. There is a small depression that is passing over then should be good wind and weather to Kodiak. I have met a few fisherman that have finished there season and are also heading my way to Kodiak. Everyone has been really friendly and have been asking about my trip. This town has an amazingly big fishing fleet, mostly purse seiner's and set net boats. The harbor reminds me of Petersburg in Southeast Alaska. As we were coming in the channel yesterday I saw they have 2 big wind generators above the small village. It is really nice to see renewable energy being made in such a remote place. Heaps of the fisherman that are done for the season are trying to use up there groceries onboard so I think there will be a big BBQ on the docks tonight.
We will leave in the AM and head north and east and hope to be in Kodiak on Tuesday afternoon.
I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment