Monday, April 16, 2012

16 43.08N 143 09.91E

Hello All,
We have had a great sail today, it has been a little slow due to light winds but the sea is almost flat so we are moving along without the sails banging around. I played with my electric auto pilot today and it works great. There was a few settings I had to play with but all and all I am going to enjoy having that when it gets to calm to sail. This afternoon I started the engine for the first time on the passage so far. With the sun shining on the back side of the main sail I saw some place that had light coming through. They are little wear holes where something had rubbed the sail so I got out my sticky sail patches and we started the engine to keep us moving. We took the sail down to do the small repairs and everything looks good now.
We made another 100 miles today, not very fast but we are getting there. Stephen has an appetite now so I think he will be fine and will have his sea legs in no time. It has been a beautiful day out here, I will miss the tropics on days like this.
That,s all for now and I will talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment